Cover stories


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Comic Foundry is relaunching on April 3 as a monthly webzine chock-full of comics interviews, reviews and the like.

For the debut edition, I'll be contributing a lengthy Q&A with illustrator James Jean focusing on -- you guessed it -- his Eisner and Harvey award-winning cover work on books like Fables, Green Arrow and Batgirl.

In the interview, Jean discusses process, cover philosophy and the evolution of the Fables "look," among other things. Interesting stuff, if I do say so myself.

If that goes over well, the plan (I think) is for me to contribute regular pieces on cover artists and designers. We'll see.

The accompanying image is a discarded sketch for the cover of Fables #49.


About This Blog

Previous posts

Archives

Art & Design

Comics Blogosphere

Publisher Blogs


ATOM 0.3
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory