Archived: Briefly revisiting Quitely's Bite Club covers


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...







Note: This entry originally appeared on Jan. 18, 2006, at Supernaturally, my work and idea blog.

Monday's post set me on a Bite Club kick, which, in turn, got me thinking about Frank Quitely's covers for the 2004 miniseries. Damn, those are things of beauty. I'd love to have a poster of all six images.

Aside from the art itself, I'm a fan of the design: the repeated elements on the left -- the final cover for Issue 1, top left, sports "milk" cartons -- and the way the Bite Club logo is cleverly incorporated into many of the images. I also enjoy that vampish (hyuk) Risa Del Toro sports a little cellulite, something you don't usually see on comic-book women. She's sexy and imperfect. Heck, all the cover figures are sexy in their own way, without resorting to blatant cheesecake, or beefcake.

To round out the Quitely lovefest, I listened to the first of a two-p
art podcast interview with the artist at Horhaus.com. Good stuff.


About This Blog

Previous posts

Archives

Art & Design

Comics Blogosphere

Publisher Blogs


ATOM 0.3
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blogs Directory